The PMG Project was created to expose MenzFit clients to various aspects of community life that they have likely never had the opportunity to learn. It is our assertion that once people have their hierarchical needs met with tools to handle their life challenges, a meaningful job to improve their sense of self worth, and are engaged in the business of living, exposure to art, culture, business and civic activities is the next step on improving their retention and employability. When lower-income people understand the society in which they live, they will become vested in its preservation and committed to its improvement.
To educate, enhance and remedy the missed opportunity of cultural awareness, which ultimately leads to increased social capital for participants and the community at large.
To introduces MenzFit professionals to social skills that will enable better understanding of networking and the connection of social activities to building better opportunities for promotion, better quality jobs, better families and better communities.
The PMG includes arts events such as guided museum visits, art performances, sporting activities, professional sporting events, introduction to social skills such as social etiquette and ballroom dancing, and visits to government and business institutions.
Criteria for Membership in PMG:
- Must be employed at least six months (part-time employment accepted)
- Must attend and complete MenzFit Workshop Series I & II
- Must commit to annual dues of $100 (payable quarterly)
- Must conduct oneself in a professional manner
- Must commit to mentor at least 5 MenzFit clients per year
- Must commit to serve as a volunteer at MenzFit
Benefits of Membership in PMG
- Each member receives one business casual outfit (shirt, pair of slacks and tie) per year
- Relationship and camaraderie building
- Increasing professional skills for marketability
- Expanding awareness of available career opportunities
- Assisting with development of own professional networks through interaction with professional men
- Assisting with becoming well-rounded citizens by encouraging participation in their community and the world at-large
- Building leadership and teambuilding skills